Sea bass with ginger and leeks
This is very tasty and elegant dish, easy to make. You can use whole fish or thick
fillets for recipe, which is also excellent made with bream, pomfret and trevally. I made it with filets of sea bass. Serve the fish with fried rice and stir-fried Chinese green vegetables if you like.
2 sea bas filets
4 spring onions
4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1 tsp ground ginger
4tbsp sunflower oil
2 leeks shredder
2,5 cm piece fresh ginger root, piled and grated
7tbsp chicken stock
Salt and ground black pepper
1) Season the fish salt and black pepper. Cut the spring onions on slice. Put half of the spring onions on the fish and reserve the rest for later using.
2) In a shallow dish, mix together the teriyaki sauce, the cornflour, lemon juice, vinegar and ground ginger to make smooth, runny paste. Turn the fish in the marinade to coat it thoroughly, leave it to marinate for 20 minutes, turning it several times.
3) Heat a wok and oil, then the leeks and grated ginger. Fry gently for about 5 minutes, until the leeks are tender. Remove the leeks and ginger and drain on kitchen paper.
4) Lift the fish out of the marinade and lower it carefully into the hot oil. Fry over a medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Stir the stock into the marinade. Pour the mixture over the fish. Return the leeks to the wok, together with spring onions. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5) Serve with fried rice and stir-fried Chinese green vegetables.
Influence on Polish cuisine - part 1 - Japanese herring - śledź po japońsku
Fish in aspic - another Polish classic