Gorgeous mango pulp was waiting for me since the conference. I really wanted to bake something with it. Muffins were the laziest idea but the result was not so cheap. Here you have deeply orange in colour, not too heavy and full of good stuff muffins. Ones of the best available!
200 g flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps cream of tartar
30 g oat brans
30 g raisins
40 g sugar
50 ml vegetable oil
180 ml mango pulp
2 Tbsps condensed milk
an EXTRA mango (a half is enough)
3 Tbsp icing sugar
1,5 Tbsp boiling water
2 drops of orange essence
1. Sift flour and baking powder together, mix in sugar, oat brans and raisins. An EXTRA fresh mango chopped into cubes would make a sensation.
2. Beat the egg slightly, add oil, mango and milk and mix well.
3. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ones and combine well trying not to overmix. Divide quickly into 12 muffin wholes.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees for 15 minutes. Check with a skewer if it comes dry.
5. Cool for a minute and take out on a rack.
6. Add orange essence to the icing sugar and mix well with boiling water to make the icing. Make check on cold muffins pouring down the icing from the teaspoon.