2010-11-30

Chinese - style scallops

It’s snowing in Dublin. Such weather is very rare in Ireland. Sunday was a lovely day with sun and fresh snow. So I went to walk around Phoenix park and took white coloured pictures. When I went back home I was very hungry. At the same time my friend came to my place. She came to surprise me. She brought me fresh scallops. I had only one good idea how to quickly make a lunch. I made Chinese - style scallops. This is a delicate dish for lunch accompanied by aromatic rice. I served it with white Italy wine. It was a nice and hot lunch for the very cold day.

For 2

1 tbsp sunflower oil
200 g. scallops
2,5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 bell of red pepper, cut in thinly sliced
100g. shiitake mushrooms, cut in thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
Salt, black pepper

Heat the oil in a wok until very hot. Add the scallops, ginger, garlic and stir- fry for 3 minutes. Season with a little salt and black pepper and then remove from the wok.

Add red pepper and mushrooms to the wok and stir- fry for 3 minutes.
Make a cornflour paste by combining the cornflour and 3 tbsp cold water.
Pour the lemon juice, cornflour paste and soy sauce into wok bring to the boil. Add scallops and cook for 2 minutes.

Serve with rice and white wine.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...