2011-01-08

Korean seaweed soup

It is so amazing how many times Korean food has inspired me! I am devoted lover of the Korean pancakes among others. Although Gosia has inspired me more frequently, to be true. Last time I got a nice package of the dried seaweed that I love. As I felt that the cold is attacking me, I decide to prepare some warming soup.
(2 portions)

4-6 pieces od dried seaweed
2 drops chilli sauce
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 carrot
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
cooked rice

1. Soak dried seaweed in cold water until soft. Drain and cut into smaller pieces
2. Cut carrot into julienne stripes and onion into fine slices.
3. Place together in a pot seaweeds, carrots, onions, 500 ml water, dark soy sauce, chilli sauce and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, boil for few minutes. Season with vinegar and salt if necessary.
4. Place cooked rice in a bowl, pour in the soup, sprinkle with the finely chopped garlic clove.

Simple but nourishing. And it helps my brain, they say. I guess I may like Korea. 

And what is your favourite recipe for seaweeds? Krakow visitor's pack for the best proposition! You have a week for entries, starting from now on till 14th of January. Please place your proposals in comments. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...