Yummy, yummy, yummy! Another recipe from the series 'while we have no oven'. For the Fatty Thursday we have a special Polish version of cenci. We then treat ourselves with doughnuts also. This recipe is a modified version of the traditional cenci. The difference is that I use here less eggs so it is even cheaper but still very very good. This huge portion dissapeared in two days (there is much of them from this amount of ingredients). To good to deny it, hard to resist.
600 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 Tbsps icing sugar
200-300 ml milk
1/2 l oil for frying
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and icing sugar onto the kneading surface.
2. Add slightly beaten egg and milk (this one gradually) and knead until smooth and not sticking.
3. Divide into four pieces. Roll out very thinly one after another using some extra flour for dusting. Cut into small rombs.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Fry until golden on both sides. Drain on the paper towel.
5. Cool down and dust heavily with the icing sugar. The more sugar the better!!!
6. Hide well if you want to have some for later.
I guess that this dough with less milk and no sugar would result in some quite nice home made chips.