Early and cold this year's autumn is a fact. That is why we are going to use the whole splendid celeriac the good mother-in-law we are given by.
Celeriac cream soup
(two portions for abnormal, according to Septime, people or 4 for the others)
1 medium (about 10 cm in diameter) celeriac with leaves
4 medium size potatoes
fresh ginger 3 slices
50 g butter
1,5 l vegetable or chicken stock (can be from cube)
half tsp nutmeg salt and pepper to taste
thick cream and fresh chopped parsley for finishing
1. Peel and cut vegetables into chunks.
2. Soften the celeriac leaves on butter on medium heat in a pot.
3. Add the vegetables and ginger and cover with stock. Bring to boil.
4. Cook until the vegetables are soft. Blend well and season.
5. Decorate with a dollop of a thick sour cream or plain yoghurt and some chopped parsley. Serve with yummy bread. I am in.