For some reason ladies do love macarons. We are ready to fight to convince which of them are truly maccherone. Don't argue - the very first ones were made of ground almonds. It is said it was in the late 8th century in Italy. However the French are equally famous for this fine pastry. One is certain, they need to be crispy outside and soft inside. But have you heard about healthy macarons?!
2 egg whites
60 g sugar
30 g rolled oats
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
1 teaspoon alfa-alfa seed
really tiny amount of salt
1. Roast the rolled oats on a dry frying pan. Add the shredded coconut at the end (do nut burn). Cool down.
2. Beat the egg whites with salt until stiff.
3. Add sugar gradually and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
4. Mix in the rolled oats, coconut and alfa-alfa seeds carefully.
5. Place teaspoons of the mixture on a parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in 160 degrees. Cool in the oven with the open doors.
Keep in an airtight container. If you still have some. :-)