2010-03-30

Wholemeal Apple Muffins

Clearing the pantry I managed to get off with soya bean paste finally. Recently I am working on my flours. Cornflour was used for few variations of bread. Wholemeal wheat flour is much more demanding as it has very distinctive flavour. I try not to overdose....

Wholemeal Apple Muffins

Ingredients:
160 g wheat flour
40 g wholemeal wheat flour
pinch of salt
1 Tsp baking powder
65 g icing sugar

1 egg
150 g strawberry yoghurt - fill up with milk to obtain 200 ml volume
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 apple diced

1. Sieve into a bowl two flours, icing sugar, salt and baking powder, mix well.
2. Mix in another container slightly beaten egg, oil, yoghurt, milk and diced apple.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the flour is just incorporated.
4. Divide the dough into the oiled muffin tins and bake 25 minutes in 180 degrees.

What is different for these muffins it is the lack of spices what tends to be characteristic of the apple muffins. And that is why my husband loved these ones:-)PS. A successful recipe for to'okutu is mostly wanted. Help very appreciated.

PS. 2. It is obvoius that I was absent recently despite cooking every day and baking every second day. I will try to improve. Enjoy the muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...