2009-06-25

My mothers yeast cake.

My mother is a yeast cakes master, and she makes the best yeast cakes all over the world. My mum worked in factory where yeast was made and she knew everything about yeast, but she says:“The secret of tasty cake is in hands and heart of the baker. Of course, fresh yeast is very important but you must have patience and love for doing yeast cake." It is true because my aunt doesn’t have patience for yeast cake and she has never made a good one but she makes delicious cream cake.
I know the flavor of yeast since childhood. I remember the smell of hot cake and bread at Saturday night. Every Sunday morning my mother was giving me yeast cake and glass of milk. I loved this breakfast! My mother makes many kinds of yeast cakes and buns but my favorite is yeast roll with cocoa.

Yeast cake with cocoa

1 kg sifted high quality flour
1 l. milk,
10 gr. fresh yeast or 2 tsp dry yeast
200 gr. sugar
100 gr. butter
6 yolk
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
5 tbsp cocoa

1) Put 1 glass of lukewarm milk, 1 tbsp sugar and yeast into a bowl and stir well. Add a few tbsp flour, mixture must look like a cream. Cover the bowl with napkin and leave the mixture to rise. Keep the mixture in warm place to double more or less its size.

2) Put into big bowl ¾ portion of flour, the rest of milk and sugar, melt butter, eggs yolks, salt, oil ,vanilla essence and mixture with yeast. Mix with your hands well, slowly and obviously with pleasure. Knead pouring the remaining flour until the dough reaches a firm and flexible consistency. When dough doesn’t stick to your hands it is ready. Keep the dough in warm place to rise by half size.

3) Put the dough on a board and roll out gently. When dough is flat spill it with cocoa and roll up. Put dough into baking pan and leave to rise.

4) When dough rises a little , put it into the oven at 180 Celsius degrees for around 40 minutes.

5) After baking leave the cake to cool down.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...